All credit to Dax Moy

Yesterday I wrote a post criticising Dax Moy's 30-days-30lbs program. To his eternal credit he has responded rather than ignore my post.

Certainly the originators of this program have ignored all criticisms.

Also, I should point out again, that, yes, I am sure Dax is going to use all this to sell a cookbook or training or 'something or other' BUT the Elimination Diet is FREE.

So, let's look at what Dax says:

"People who are already training have and dieting have LESS of a result when they move to a new program than those who are sedentary and follow a poor diet. That's why nearly all fat loss programs choose non-exercisers to to participate as you can show HUGE improvements in no time at all."

I agree totally- in fact that was one of my points.

"I chose a mix."

Again, one of my points. I will be looking for the old, the young, the poor, the disabled, the male, the fenale, those doing manual work, office workers, unemployed etc. I hope they will be forthcoming.

"I chose people in their 50's who, despite a life of activity still couldn't shift their weight. I chose people who were ALREADY training with a trainer yet couldn't budge a pound despite expert advice. I chose people who WERE personal trainers themselves but couldn't get their methods to work on themselves. In every case I've chosen people who were stubborn weight losers. Just ask them on their blogs."

I will be looking at the blogs for the variety.

"In total, my group are still doing LESS than 1 hour of exercise a day. Far, less than your average fat loss program asks for."

I was wondering that. So the three sessions must be about 15-20 minutes each. That takes dedication to get changed, hot and sweaty etc for just 20 minutes. Thus I suspect it's a tabata-adapted programme or maybe HIT.

"The truth is George, I chose my members based on both attitude and desire as well as those people who would be a challenge and true test for the program. So far, all who were chosen have proven to be great choices, even those who are still struggling."

Well, like I said, I will be looking at the range actually chosen.

"Thanks for following their progress!"

I will be impressed if the fat, 50+ unemployed, non-manual workers, male and/or disabled etc etc show progress. The sample I looked at - with 2 exceptions - were not atypical.

Dax's blog is: http://dailydoseofdax.blogspot.com/

So far no new people have been identified.


I will return to Dax's blog and see if there are some more people in the categories I mention above...

1 comment:

  1. Remember, this is an experiment. Who knows what the final product will reveal in 30 days.

    ReplyDelete